Sunday, July 29, 2007

This is what I read in DC...

When I wrote this, I was in a very upset place...frustrated and ready for something to just happen so I could let the situation go. It's gone, but the poem is still HOT!!:

Lie to Me

I sat before you stared in your eyes, those sexy sparkling eyes, begging you to lie to me.

Beautiful Love, lie to me.

Paint me a picture of a harsh reality that will explain the hurt I suffer.
The truth you claim to live and the truth I see don’t match. Something has to change.

Lie to me.

Tell me you love her.
That her smile is what keeps you warm when the world has turned its back on you.
She brings you heaven when you make love to her.
Everyone else is a strange place because she is home.

Beautiful Love, cut me with your lies.

Smile with your sexy sparkling eyes while I bleed out the truth of what we used to have,
when I was your only love.

Lie to me.

Take my hand and lead me to the place where you first told her you loved her.
Point at the impression your knee left in the ground as you promised your fidelity.
Make me stand in her place so I can feel the ghost of that moment possess me.
Let it distort my view and make me believe for a second that it was me that you were proposing to.
Then snatch me out of the happiness you two shared. Shake me back to reality and declare

“This will never be you.”

Beautiful Love, lie to me.

Snuff out the candle of hope that I burning for us.
I need you to degrade my emotions. Strip them of any dignity. Make a mockery of my love for you.
Tell me your heart will never recognize mine. Your skin will never melt under my touch.
I’m pleading with you. Just lie to me.

Beautiful Love

The truth is much worse than the lies.
The truth traps my heart, holds it captive and tortures it with possibility.
The truth drips reciprocation of my love on my heart like Chinese water torture.
It sinks the thoughts of other loves like chained slaves that were pushed overboard in the Atlantic.

That evil sadistic truth draws me to you like a gorgeous butterfly to a deadly fire.
The truth that you love me but can’t be with me does not soothe the pain.
I thought the truth was supposed to set me free. It was supposed to help me maintain my sanity.
Beautiful Love, your lies are the only thing that can save me.

Don’t even tell me you are doing this for my own good, because I’ll mistake that as you caring for me.
I can’t handle that.
Your sexy sparkling eyes must grow dull at the site of me.
Your skin must crawl when you are in close proximity to me.
I need to believe you loathe me.

Please.

Soon, I’ll being to believe those lies.
I’ll forget the day you told me that I was the best thing that ever happened to you.
The nights of intimacy we shared will seem like dreams of a time in my life that I hope will come, not one that has already passed.

My Beautiful Love, soon I’ll hate you…no…I’ll become indifferent to you.

Indifference is the true opposite of love.
You will become foreign to my heart.
Your touch will be cold to me.
Your smile will reflect nothing more than a smile, instead of the lifetime we shared in our kiss.
No longer will my hope for us be manipulated by your truth.
Your lies will make two plus two equal four again.

Beautiful Love, I need you to lie to me.

Release my heart and return my sanity.
Degrade my hope and cut down my love for you.

Lie to me Beautiful Love with those sexy sparkling eyes

And break my heart for good.

No comments: